Sunday 28 March 2021

The Kamalamba Navavarnas

 I started learning these on the 27th of February, within one mandala of finishing my Bhairavi Sadhana on Thaipoosam Day on 28th January!!!

Learning this as an entire group along with another 15 odd students from Dr Vijayalakshmy Subramanian. The patanthara in this is pristine since she has learnt them from S Rajam, who has himself learnt it from Ambi Dikshithar. As we know, neither Muthuswamy nor his brothers had children. So, his brother Baluswamy adopted his daughter's son, Subbarama. And Ambi is Subbarama's son.

These krithis are very important to me. Not just because of my Dikshithar obsession . But also because of my adoration of Shakthi, the primordial force in the Universe. Some time back, I tried to figure out about initiation to Srividhya. Just hearing about the rigorousness of it made my head spin. I realised it would not work for me. My guru says that if we want to be connected to the Devi, we just need to chant the Bhairavi stuthi( an adoration of her by 33 different names) and Viji says that singing these songs with the utmost devotion and reverence is equivalent to Srividhya worship. So I will settle for that.

So,on that first day I sat down to learn with wet hair, after chanting the Devi stuthi and wearing my Srichakra touching my Visudhi. I have already declared that it is my wish that we go there as a group and sing this in front of the Kamalamba sannidhi in Tiruvarur. But I have also been wanting to sing the panchabhutha krithis in the five sthalams. Let us see what is ordained.

I want to do a detailed blog on each of the krithis. But first, a little on Sri Chakra itself in the next blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment